On The Scene is Now Hiring!
Posted on March 14th, 2017
ABOUT ON THE SCENE
With over 40 years of experience and knowledge, On The Scene is the answer to any planner’s needs. Evolving from an Event Management Company to a full-service national event management firm, On The Scene specializes in personalizing corporate and association events through custom design and execution, transportation logistics, entertainment, unique group dining experiences and training support.
Our goal is to become a trusted local partner, delivering exceptional service by putting 40 years of event management expertise to work. For more information about On The Scene, please visit http://www.onthescene.com.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Success in this position can be seen with a team that meets and exceeds both financial goals and the expectations of the client. The sales and operations teams’ rely on the abilities of a Program Coordinator who is detail oriented and hospitality focused. Candidate must have the following skills:
• Customer service mindset and demeanor.
• Team player, ready and willing to assist in special projects.
• Comfortable with change and able to handle last-minute changes with positive spirit.
• Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly.
• Demonstrates initiative and looks for ways to improve process.
• Ability to remain even-tempered when in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Organizational and analytical skills necessary, along with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data.
• May require some evening or weekend work.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with and support the Director of Operations with specific systems designed to aid in the effortless execution of programs. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Proposal research and development.
- Contract writing.
- Development of RPFs to send to vendors and venues.
- Research of both local and national destinations, venues, entertainment and industry trends
- Arranges and assists with select site inspections.
- Develops cohesive program details prior to each event with all aspects including: food and beverage service, décor, equipment/furniture rental, entertainment, floor plans, timelines, vehicles/transportation, event staff instructions and client specific notes and details.
- Handles aspects of part time staffing including: identifying the most qualified staff for each program, staff scheduling, staff instructions and reconciliation of all job related earnings & expenses.
- Executes events through on-site management.
- Manages payment / accounting needs for programs.
- Timely and accurately reconciles program.
- Participates in and prepares information for weekly creative and operations meetings.
- Participates in promotional and networking opportunities to support the sales effort.
- Contributes to the financial success of the company through accountability to established profit margins on items sold.
- Maintains existing vendor base and develops new vendor relationships.
- All other duties as assigned.
College degree or equivalent experience.
On The Scene offers a dynamic and extensive compensation package for all full-time employees that includes:
- Annual salary plus incentive program
- Group medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance
- SIMPLE IRA and profit sharing plan
- Paid time off, personal days, sick days and paid holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please reference ‘Program Coordinator’ in the subject line of your email.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is our policy to provide employment to all employees without regard to race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability.